Welcome to Emanuele Ruffaldi's Website
Current Research Projects
Two new EU grants accepted, in one of them I am partner PI (PELARS), the other researcher (REMEDI).
Activities with my group "Sensing, Modelling and Learning for Humans" at PERCRO:
- Virtual Human Haptic interaction (EU VERE project)
- Wearable Human motion and force tracker (ERGANE project)
- Machine Learning for Robotics
- Anomaly identification in power plants (italian utility funded)
Recent Publications Submitted
- A novel wireless device for assessment of work injuries based on inertial and EMG signals, Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics
- Sensor fusion for complex articulated body tracking applied in rowing, Journal Sport Technology
- Online Calibration Procedure for Motion Tracking with Wearable Sensors, ...
- Assessment of task ergonomics with an upper limb wearable device, MED 2014
- A novel wearable biometric capture system, MED 2014
- Evaluation of Virtual Embodiment with the ALEX Exoskeleton, EH 2014
- Preliminary stiffness perception assessment for a palpation haptic interface, EH 2014
- A ROS-integrated architecture to learn manipulation tasks from a single demonstration, RO-MAN 2014
- Toward Autonomous Robots for Demolitions in Unstructured Environments,
Recent Publications Accepted
- Ruffaldi, Peppoloni, Filippeschi, Avizzano “A novel approach to motion tracking with wearable sensors based on Probabilistic Graphical Models”, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Hong Kong, China, 2014
- Johard, Ruffaldi, “A connectionist actor-critic algorithm for faster learning and biological plausibility”, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Hong Kong, China, 2014
- Poster at MMVR 2014 as part of the REMEDI Project. Angelika Peer et al. "Towards a Remote Medical Diagnostician for Medical Examination"
- Filippeschi A., Ruffaldi E., "Boat dynamics and force rendering models for the SPRINT system" (2014, in press), IEEE Transaction on Human-Machine Systems (IF 2.1 in 2012)