Welcome to Emanuele Ruffaldi's Website
Current Research Projects
Two new EU grants accepted, in one of them I am partner PI (PELARS), the other researcher (REMEDI).
Activities with my group "Sensing, Modelling and Learning for Humans" at PERCRO:
- Virtual Human Haptic interaction (EU VERE project)
- Wearable Human motion and force tracker (ERGANE project)
- Machine Learning for Robotics
- Anomaly identification in power plants (italian utility funded)
Recent Publications Accepted
- Poster at MMVR 2014 as part of the REMEDI Project. Angelika Peer et al. "Towards a Remote Medical Diagnostician for Medical Examination"
- Filippeschi A., Ruffaldi E., "Boat dynamics and force rendering models for the SPRINT system" (2014, in press), IEEE Transaction on Human-Machine Systems (IF 2.1 in 2012)
- Hoffmann, C., Filippeschi, A., Ruffaldi, E., & Bardy, B. G. (2013). "Energy management using virtual reality improves 2000-m rowing performance". Journal of Sports Sciences, 20 August, DOI:10.1080/02640414.2013.835435
- On multi-user perspectives in passive stereographic virtual environments,Tripicchio, Lo Console, Piarulli, Ruffaldi, Tecchia, Bergamasco, Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds (CAVW), DOI 10.1002/cav.1535, 2013
- Varlet, M., Filippeschi, A., Ben-sadoun, G., Ratto, M., Marin, L., Ruffaldi, E., & Bardy, B. G. (2012). "Virtual Reality as a Tool to Learn Interpersonal Coordination: Example of Team Rowing". MIT Presence
- Ruffaldi, Satler et al., "A flexible framework for mobile based haptic rendering", IEEE RO-MAN 2013. Related to the MOTORE project
- Tanzini et al. "A Novel Human-Machine Interface for Working Machines Operation", IEEE RO-MAN 2013.
- Peppoloni, Filippeschi, Ruffaldi, Avizzano "A novel 7 degrees of freedom model for upper limb kinematic reconstruction based on wearable sensors", IEEE 11th International Symposium on Intelligent Systems and Informatics, Subotica, Serbia, 2013
- Avizzano, Satler, Ruffaldi, "Portable haptic interface with omni-directional movement and force capability", IEEE Transaction on Haptics. Related to the MOTORE project